Welcome to F&M Bank
F&M Bank is a full service financial institution that has been serving Tomah and surrounding communities for over 100 years. With 3 locations in Tomah and a full suite of mobile services, we make doing business with us convenient and easy. Our goal is to help individuals and businesses make money, save money, and save time by improving banking efficiencies. We take pride in providing our customers with trustworthy, friendly, and expert service and are proud supporters of many local charities and organizations.
Our Core Values
- Develop and maintain fabulous
- customer relationships
- Conduct our business with honesty, respect, and integrity
- Provide a great environment to succeed
- Embrace Change
- Communicate effectively
We would love the opportunity to serve you. Give us a call at 608-372-2126 or email one of our bankers today.
The present Farmers & Merchants (F&M) Bank was organized in 1930 – it operates under a state charter granted in 1911 to a bank of the same name. The first office of F&M Bank was originally located at 1005 Superior Avenue, the Bank has since added two additional buildings to its Main Office.
In 1954 the Bank introduced the first drive-thru banking services in Western Wisconsin. The original drive-thru teller window still exists as part of our Main office.
In the early 1960’s the Bank opened its second location in Warrens, WI. This location operated until December 2014, at which time the building was donated to the Village of Warrens.
The Convenience Center, originally called the Motor Bank, was opened in 1980. In 1992 the Convenience Center was expanded when Frederick (Freddie) Mueller passed away and the Blacksmith Shop was removed. The Blacksmith Shop existed in the location of the drive-thru ATM from 1919 to 1992.
Our North Tomah Branch was opened in 2001.
The Main Office has undergone several renovations/remodelings, with the last taking place in 2007. During our latest remodel, the main floor was completely gutted and included a switch in Superior Avenue entrance locations.
Since 1930 the Bank has had 8 Presidents:
1930 to 1950
1950 to 1971
1971 to 1984
Dr. RW Alhstrom
1984 to 1999
1999 to 2000
2000 to 2005
2006 to 2009
2010 to Present
With over 105 years of local service, we are excited to continue serving our communities and customers.